Applets don’t have to be just isolated box on a web page. They can communicate with a web page in which they are placed. Below is example of how can applet react to URL changes and also cause the changes.
- Possibility to creates anchor which changes the state of an applet, for example selecting a tab in tabbed pane.
- State changes are added to window history, so you can use back and forward buttons.
- No need to reload applet nor web page.
- Create and modify objects in the GUI, which are next written in PHP, for example in a database.
- Validation of data entered by the user.
- Hiding parts of the implementation from the user.